Tuesday, April 15, 2014


LOVE HAS COME FULL CIRCLE


All of history has been an extravagant invitation...Love's invitation. It is and has always been "His-story". There is not a soul that has ever lived, that could truly deny His wooing. It is everywhere, in every land, every culture, every heartbeat. It comes in all forms of life, a radiant sunset, the touch of a newborn baby, the place where music takes you, when you breathe it in deeply. Life, no matter how bitter, has it's sweet.

I find it hard to believe that He would invite us to partake of Him in all His glory. But, that is exactly what He has done since the beginning of time. Actually, He even created time, just for us. He has pursued His created ones with passion...and patience.

He does not extend Loves invitation for Himself, but for us. He needs nothing. Really...what could we possibly give Him that doesn't already belong to Him? He offers us Love's invitation because He IS Love. It's not something He feels. It's not something He displays. It is who He is. He. is. Love. Because He is Love, He can't help Himself...He wants to share Himself with you...with me. Think about it, there is nothing more valuable than He is, and He offers it to us without restraint. We can have as much of Him as we want.

I think most of us believe that we were created to live "our lives". You know, find happiness and accomplish what we can and somewhere along the way we realize that God should be a part of that life. So, we try real hard to sprinkle spiritual things and activities in the mix. It's as if we are given a life to live and if your one of the lucky ones, you find God, and you add Him to your more than busy schedule. We are grateful that loving Him and serving Him gives us more peace and joy than we had before.

What if our paradigm is all wrong? What if we were created for Him and not the other way around. What if we weren't given a life for ourselves? What if He purposed to give us breath on planet earth so He could love us and use the overflow of that love to spill over into the lives of others? I always believed that His love for me was the fullest expression of love. Because there is still a lot of me, that got stuck at a two year old level, that thinks the world revolves around me. I don't want to be rude, but you might check yourself and see if when you think about your world...who is at the center?

What He has been showing me lately, is my life wasn't created so He could be the afterthought and invited into the mix. My life was created FOR Him. Actually, I was the afterthought added to His mix. Lucky for me! (Lucky for you!) We spend our life trying to find ourselves and find our purpose. We waste a lot of time because every time we try to figure it out, we start with ourselves as the starting point. It's only when we start with Him as the point of origin, that we finally arrive to the place where we find out who we really are, and what our purpose really is.

I was not created so I could be loved by God. It was His love that created me. I was created in His love, so I could experience that love and be an expression of it to others. For love isn't complete if I am the center of my universe. Love is only complete when I give away what I have been freely given. Then, and only then has Love made it's complete circle. When I choose to let you be the center of my universe, instead of myself, then and only then do I truly experience the purpose for which I was created. When I choose to die to myself for your sake, for His sake, that is when I really live. That is truly the prize! You know it yourself. Think back to a time when you sacrificed to truly help someone else, someone who was more needy than you. When you walked away from that encounter don't you remember feeling like you were the blessed one, like you gained even more than they did? That's because Love made it's full circle, and He used you to complete that circle. 

That's Love's invitation. This is what we were created for. This is our purpose for being given breath. He has pursued every son and daughter, throughout every generation, to allow them to experience the gift of being a vital part of completing Love's circle. We are given the privilege to experience who He is when we give Love away. There is no greater gift than the gift to experience who He is! He was willing to die on the cross, so we might live, not only to experience Love, but to give Love away.

No comments:

Post a Comment