Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A GOOD DAY TO DIE

I did it again today. I told myself I wouldn't do it again...that I finally "got it" and there is no need to try to vindicate myself. But, when accusations sail straight for my heart, I have a very strong tendency to self preserve. I know that is "normal". I know that is what "everyone" does. But I am humbled once again in the reality that it is not the way Love would respond.

To be misunderstood is a dark valley. We can use all of our energy trying to right that wrong...but, in the end, the only thing that counts is Love. The eyes of our Lord can see clearly into those dark valleys. He knows the way that we take. He alone knows our true intentions. He alone knows the true weight of being accused.

So, I get up and dust myself off, for there is enough grace today to forgive myself and my accuser, for both failing to  respond with Love.

Tomorrow I will ask for the grace to "die to myself, for Love's sake...and there in the darkness of the next valley...I will find LIFE, my life...the one I was created to live.

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it. Luke 9:24

No comments:

Post a Comment