Monday, September 17, 2012

In The Center of Peace


How does life get so complicated? Where does one go to find peace? I am always looking for an exit sign to the closest route out of here. It's a different circumstance with different characters and different scenery...but everything about it looks all too familiar. I am the common denominator. It's my heart that is wrestling against my reality once more. Thinking if I can make it out of this one alive...I will be able to enjoy the next season. Somewhere my thinking gets all misconstrued. So I hang on for life and try to ride the current out to a peaceful place of rest...only to be hit once again by a swollen surging wave.

I heard a comedian sharing about a tortuous night he had on a house-boat on a tornadic stormy night. He was tossed to and fro with sounds that were deafening. He could hear the freight train funnel going through the area where his boat was being all but capsized against the tiny marina where the boat was tied. When the nightmare had passed and he slowly crawled out to see what damage had occured around him, he began to talk to another owner of a nearby boat. As he used his humor to explain how horrifying the storm had been he finished by saying "If I had known I was going to live through it...I would have just enjoyed the ride!"

How many seasons have I spent wondering if I was going to make it through? Only to get to the other side and find myself with the same question in the next season. How would my days look if I just assumed I would survive? How might the script of my life read differently if I just chose to enjoy the ride...trusting that I was going to live through it? Finding peace in the midst of the moment. Finding rest from the legs that always are looking for the exit sign. How would it feel to simply sit down in the big middle of now and breathe? To determine that I will make it out of this one...and I will enjoy the ride. For I'm not riding alone. You are with me. Your right hand upholds me...and all is well! All is well! Be still my soul and breathe! Simply breathe in peace, for it is all around. Open wide the eyes and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment