Friday, September 28, 2012

I Love You



"I love You". Nothing else said. Nothing else spoken. I repeat it often during my day. I catch Your fragrance, a memory, a wooing, sometimes an intentional direction of my affection. It pours from my lips like rain off saturated leaves. For a moment I'm embarassed. How silly and simple I must sound! Couldn't I come up with something more eloquent for the One who created words? So I pose the question, to the One who writes language and ask "if You tire of me saying it to You, over and over again"?

Your answer comes instantly. Immediately my mind races back to three little toe-headed girls, all dressed in pink. Always dressed in pink. Never failing, as I would walk into their presence, with their backs turned, or fine wisp of hair hanging over eyes playing with babies of their own, never looking up, softly spilling into my hearing, "Mommy, I love you". Several times a day. Countless times stretched over years as they toddled. Never once did I weary of hearing it. Never once, did it grow old. As a matter of fact...it almost took me by surprise each time. It delighted me to often be reminded of their affections for my presence in their little worlds of pink. It wasn't necessary for eyes to meet or smiles to be exchanged. All that was needed was for the fragrance of their love to be spilled out, onto my listening ears and exposed heart. It was enough for them to simply share it. Love simply shared is never too simple. It is the glue that connects heaven to earth...and my heart to my Beloved's. He assures me that He never tires of hearing of my love for Him. I can feel Him smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment