Saturday, September 8, 2012

Breathless


You never fail to surprise me!I found a new song today. As I'm learning the lyrics I realize I already know them. To an outsider they may seem risque'...but to one whose heart has been ravaged...they are but breath! There was a time, not so long ago, that I would not have been able to sing in harmony with such deep intimacy. I would have thought the words belonged to another. To one more beautiful. To one more pure...more lovely than I.

But, once again, You have written them so slowly and so tenderly upon the pages of my soul...that I believe they belong to me. I find myself "knowing" that this is the light you see me in...with rays of color and hues of light that rapture. You know my every thought and yet You call me into such deep melody with Yourself. We are caught up, just the two of Us...and I am not sure where I stop and where You begin.

Everything within me pants after You and Your presence...Your heartbeat. You are light to my eyes and melody to my heart. When I come and dance with You I find myself...like never before. Eye's open wide and heart exposed beating there right next to Yours and I am a million miles away, yet I am here. It is there against Your chest, as We dance into the night, that I hear the hush of eternity as the stillness of a symphony. I am breathless. I am raptured! I AM YOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment