Friday, January 2, 2015







OPENING DOORS OF REVELATION
 
Maybe it's not New Year Resolutions that we need, as much as New Year Revelation. I'm turning 54 and I've never made a New Years Resolution. The idea of resolutions is one of changing my behavior...I've learned that my behavior never changes long term until my heart has. It comes with no real power...just self-determination. I may not know a lot, but one of the things I do know is "self-determination" ends with "termination". Trust me, I know that by experience, not just by phonetics.  I never have liked to start something I couldn't finish well. So again this year I will reach for revelation.

Revelation is not dependent on my determination. It is always dependent on His...and that is the only thing in the universe that never changes. Yet, it is the Grace which accompanies revelation that changes everything. Every January first it remains the same. Revelation comes with the power inherit within it to propel me in it's direction. As Light reveals what darkness has hidden from my understanding, I am drawn, I am wooed to walk into it's light. It is the opposite of self-determination for it is a divine invitation. When I say yes to this divine invitation, Grace empowers me to walk in the newness of Love's revelation. Only with Grace am I able to do what I couldn't do before. It is not a whipping-up of the will, but a surrendering of the same. It is not self-determination but a Grace-determination. It is a laboring to enter His rest and not one of self works. (Heb. 4:10)

I have fallen more than I have entered...not because Grace doesn't work, but because I move back into self works, but the invitation is new every morning...I don't have to wait until next year to try again...today and everyday is looking bright. My prayer is that we may all seek Light's invitation to open the door into His revelation and be welcomed by the arms of Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment