Friday, October 17, 2014


   


    WHERE ARE YOU ?



Since I was a child I have always found relief in putting my feelings on paper. When they seem too jumbled to make any sense of them, paper has always brought about order and in a strange way a sense of peace. It is a way of calling them to the surface and finding the truth that is not always so easy to see when they are submerged in the form of random thoughts only. It is the gift of a pen which brings order out of my souls groaning's. It is in the expressing of those groans that the soul finds it breath.

The blank page requires a question to be answered. It is the same question that Love asked in the garden. Fear had found its way into the soul of both Adam and his bride. They hid from the very One that adored them. In their confusion they turned away from Truth, but Truth never turned away from them. His question to them was "Where are you?" Of course He knew exactly where they were. The question was posed to give them the clarity that would come in their answer. It was designed to get them to see that they had moved out from under the protection of Truth and into the throws of the enemy. "We were naked." they answered. He again pushes the point, by asking them "Who told you that?"

From our vantage point we can see how foolish they were to have listened to the serpent and to have hidden from Love. How many times have I done the very same thing? I have come to realize anytime I feel overwhelmed emotionally it is because I have believed a lie...why else would I ever wander away from Loves presence and peace? I would never do it unless I was deceived! The word tells us that He is the Prince of Peace, therefore when we fix our eyes on His, peace becomes ours. If peace is lacking, it means something else has stolen our focus. That something else, is far more inferior than we were ever created to live in.

How about you? Do you need pen and paper to help you pinpoint where you are? If you find that you have wandered away from Peace, you might ask yourself  "who have I been listening to?" In the clarity that comes with your answer you will be able to see how to navigate your way back into the arms of Peace. And in His arms is the very place you were created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment