Friday, May 30, 2014

HIS UNFAILING LOVE




It's really so elementary! So easy, even a child can do it. That's the way it began for me. I fell in love with Love and believed what I read about Him. There was a faith inside of me that believed He could do "anything".  How easy it is, over time, to let faith slip away. Not in every situation is it lost, but it seems that it ebbs and flows as life seems to slowly drift out into the open sea. Before we know it, we are picking and choosing when "we think" He will be God and when He won't. Our anchor no longer holds and we find ourselves in over our heads.

I'm reminded just how much I need Him to be God of my everything, not just some thing's. He doesn't pick and choose when He will listen to my cry for help. He doesn't bat at only the pitches I make to Him over home plate. He sees all and He knows all and He cares! David knew this and that is why Love called him a man after His own heart. David says in Psalm 26 "Test me Lord and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of Your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on Your faithfulness.

When my faith was new I was undone by His unfailing love...completely undone! It felt like an unbelievable dream. But it was REAL, more real than anything I had ever experienced! In a moments time I was changed from the inside out. Nothing was left untouched. The colors of life were brighter. It seemed that even gravity carried me differently. What once seemed like only a breeze now heightened my sense of His nearness.

Being an adult is hard. Life throws you quite a few curve balls and before you know it you find yourself focusing on the balls more than His unfailing love. After you get smacked a couple of times you begin to rely on your own ability to dodge, more than relying on His faithfulness to keep you safe. Sure we pray...but it's more like sending up flares for help. We begin to associate the pain as a sign of His absence,  rather than a test to see if we will keep our mind steadied on His unfailing love.
Instead of relying on His faithfulness, which seems slow in coming, we begin to rely on our own strength, which at the present seems to at least be working.

And therein is the trap. We lose faith in His unfailing love. We lose faith in him! When we lose faith, we lose everything. We receive nothing in His kingdom without it; without believing in Him and His love that never fails . It is the key that unlocks every door. There has only been One through the corridors of time that has proven Faithful and True. He pushed through heaven and earth to find you and rescue you from the grasp of the enemy. He is crazy in love with you and He waits for you to return to your first Love. He is right where you left Him., right where I left Him! He is quietly waiting for our return to the One who will never waver. He is the One who is always waiting on us to remember who He is, who He really is...and not the person that life's harshness has tried to convince us He is. His love never fails! Heaven and earth shall pass away but His words shall never pass away. And His word has never changed and still today He is saying, "As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you, now remain in My love." (John 15:9)



No comments:

Post a Comment