Monday, March 24, 2014

Words to Live By


 
What if He meant "every" word He had ever spoken?

Actually, He only lived 33 short years, but volumes upon volumes have been written for centuries about the sounds He uttered while He walked on earth.

So, what if He did mean every word He ever spoke?

I pose the question to you because He posed the question to me. My response was silence. There was a knowing in my gut that not only did I know the answer...I should be living the answer.

Knowing the answer and living the answer look very different for me. I have purposed to see the two become one. It is a life long journey. Actually, it took my very plain life and has made it one of wild adventure. Life can't help but look different when you determine to believe you are who He says you are and you can do what He said you could do.

I have found the greatest challenge as a believer is not what I need to learn, but what I need to unlearn! How many times have I swept through scripture, reading what I believe, rather than believing what I read?!

How many times have my thoughts and actions revealed that I don't believe what I hold as truth in my heart?

I have been told that wisdom is when the heart and the mind come into agreement.

When they are in opposition there is dissonance. When there is dissonance in the song of my life, my life is out of harmony with all of creation and with my Creator. The journey is ever before me, but, I long and purpose to sing in harmony with Him. To Him who sings over me with dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment