Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Full Circle

I wake to a quiet and still hallway this morning. The rooms are empty of life and movement. Only me here. The first season of "quiet" I have had in over 24 years. The last season I wore pregnancy like a canvas. Shoe size went from a 7 to a 10. The blistering Dallas heat had every cell of my being swollen beyond recognition. It was August of 1987 and my first born made her debut. Soon to follow were her two younger sisters. Hallways became full of life and movement and giggles.

When I readied to leave our home of daughters and babies, I caught my youngest fighting back tears. She holds in her arms our 10 week old boy of blue. We have never done blue before. He is a treasure! He will no longer be found in my arms in the evenings...but rather 2 hours down the road, further than my arms will reach.She is happy that her dad and I will be reunited after having lived apart for 7 months. But she grieves the distance between my eyes and her boy's eyes of blue.

As I drive down the turnpike that separates our homes I reflect on the sense of deepest satisfaction, when I too held my newborn up to my mother's gaze. There was something stirred deeply within me as I watched the eyes of my mother take in the beauty of what I had created. I delighted in her delight of my little miracle. I was her miracle and now I invited her to partake of mine. It was a divine completeness, we had come full circle.

As I drove past the toll booth is when it hit me. How You magically overlay all of life with pictures of Your love and the gospel. The deep sense of truest LIFE must be as You watch those that you have created find delight in Your Eternal Boy of Blue. Our eyes lock His and we are undone with His beauty. There is divine completion...divine wholeness. As one miracle becomes overcome by The Other the divine circle of life is complete. Your eternal purpose for having created the cross is satisfied. Nothing more delights Your heart than for mine to be raptured by His! There could never be a greater miracle!

As you watch my eyes fill with liquid pools and I try to articulate this overwhelming state of gratitude for having been given the undeserving invitation to gaze into His crystal blues..I am undone! Words are futile...and it's when my eyes catch Yours...I realize they aren't even necessary. Your eyes are satisfied. The divine has come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment