Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dew of Heaven

It's always darkest before the dawn. So the suggestion, is to hang on... the break of day is coming. Sometimes it's the longest wait. The hands on the clock have broken but not as severely as the fissure across the heart. It's a desert type of fissure. One with bareness and dreams all having bled out. One that gave up hope back in Egypt somewhere.

Sitting in the darkness, begging light be...I hear the song of birds. Have they lost their senses? It's not even daylight for heavens sake. Why do they sing in the dark...let alone in the darkest of darks? Man discovered the answer. It is referred to as Sonic Bloom. It's in those pre-dawn moments God created the birds to sing. As our feathered friends release their melodies upon the earth all of earths vegetation opens it's mouth wide and heaven drops in an extra measure of nutrients and moisture to sustain it through the trials of a new day. Where birds do not sing, vegetation is anemic. The more the melody... the more extravagant the fruit.

Is it not the same for you and I? In the midst of the blackness, with darkest shadows over heart, is it not here we "know" we should be singing? Count it all joy when you face dire troubles? In everything, give thanks? Even in the darkness, give thanks, making melody in your heart. The choice is ours. The choice is ALWAYS ours! I choose to open wide my mouth and let my praises float heavenward. As the notes rise from an offering of sacrifice I feel a strange sensation run across my heart. The desert fissures are ministered to by the Great Physician as he drops in an extra measure of moisture and nutrients so desperately needed for my healing.

As I choose to sing, even in the darkest hour, my soul is nourished with the dew of Heaven and the fruit of my life develops a sweetness it has never known. The more the melody...the more extravagant the fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment