Sunday, August 16, 2009

Life is Bitter-Sweet


One of life's sweetest cries...Millie Opal Jones arrived Sat. morning (Aug.1st) at 10:03 a.m. I don't think I've ever heard a sweeter cry! She is simply "more" than words can say...more than hearts can hold...more than joy untold! She is absolutely "Millie". Her name means strength and determination. She has stolen our hearts...I'm sure we will never get them back! Actually...she can just have mine! Smile!

Within only hours of her arrival Chrissy's plane arrived from China and Clay and Brooke came in from Tulsa. We "all" shared the past 14 days together in beautiful Seattle. How blessed I am to have such a family. I am saddened for those whose family loyalty is all but non existent. We have been through some really hard times...but we've always done it as a "family". And oh, how wonderful it is to share the "good times" together as well. Life is truly "bitter-sweet".

I think it is the bitter in life that makes the sweet so sweet. Yesterday was one of those bitter moments. I had to say goodbye to 3 of my "babies". We put Chrissy back on the plane to China and kissed Jenna, Ben and Millie goodbye as we boarded our long flight back home to Tulsa.

How much will Millie change before I can hold her again? Time and space are so limiting. How I hate that! I am so grateful that they don't limit the lover of my soul. Ours is the only relationship that I have that is not affected by where I sit on a topographical map. I never have to say goodbye or board a plane leaving him and my heart in a far-a-way land. Everything outside of Him, that I love, are have loved is limited in some facet. But He and His love for me are always perfect and complete...lacking nothing...interrupted by nothing...preceded by nothing! He satisfies the "deepest longings" of my soul.





Life is full of "bitter"...actually I am working to navigate through it in several areas of my life at this moment. When I look into Millie's precious little face I'm reminded that life's sweet is "truly" sweet. I'm reminded that we were all created to be loved...we crave it...we long for it...we search for it...and all the while it is pursuing us. He, the most radical lover ever known, is pursuing us! Nothing short of Him will ever perfectly satisfy...NOTHING! As I drudge through the muck and mire of life and grow weary, I can always count on Him. As I take my eyes off of myself and look up...I see him gazing down on me...with that same loving look that I find myself looking at Millie with...and again I am reminded that life's sweet is "truly" sweet! And I find the courage to face the bitter with more strength and determination and with more hope. I take the opportunity to step up on the bitter as I make it on my way up to the "more sweet".

No comments:

Post a Comment