Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blessed To Be A Blessing


Life is full of "new beginnings". It's 2:30 a.m. and I am sitting in a darkened delivery room awaiting the arrival of my first grandbaby...Millie Opal.


I have pondered the idea of starting a blog for some time now. There are days when I wonder if I have anything of value to say...and there are other times that I sense that if I don't speak up, most assuredly there will be a rock that will cry out in my place. And needless to say, I will not be outdone by any old soft and breakable piece of sandstone! My life is built on the love and grace of THE chief cornerstone, the rock of all ages. My hope for this blog is that it may encourage you on a day when you need to be reminded that it is not


"the rock that you stand upon, but the surrounding sea which ebbs and flows".


This I know to be true. He has never faltered. The tidal waves of life have warred for my stance...but He has never allowed me to be overtaken. The only thing that has ever truly "overtaken me" is His love and passion which brings me more joy than any blog can ever describe! But my desire is to try!


I sit here anxiously awaiting my sweet little "Millie" to cry out...

the same way my Father must await mine.

3 comments:

  1. My sweet Janet - Jonathon - your words have been manna to my soul tonight. I love you and God has greatly used you to bring me back to Him over and over again. Blessings upon blessings to you. Rocks would truly cry out. It is well, it is well with my soul - and with yours. :-)

    Yours - Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest Lea - David - some of my lifes most treasured moments are the conversations we've had, where we both have cried out and given Him such glory and praise. I can't think of anyone I would rather praise Him with! Thanks for not leaving me alone with only the rocks!

    Only love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ant Janet, how are you?
    how is millie i bet she is a joy to have.
    love you all


    -Emma Veronie

    ReplyDelete