Tuesday, December 1, 2015

.

WHEN WALLS FALL


It happened again this morning. In the midst of a conflict I felt Love's gentle presence leading me to peer into my heart, and see yet another wall standing there. Last summer I made the courageous decision to refuse to allow any walls to hide in the recesses of my heart. I want every single one thrown down into a million pieces. Love's job is to help me see them. Then my job is to hold His hand while I allow Him to show me why they are there. Once I clearly see  "the why" behind the wall, it becomes much easier to ask Him to remove it.

So far, every wall has been erected there because of a lie I had strongly believed, when I was at my weakest. When I felt vulnerable the enemy convinced me that a wall would keep me safe. When I felt unloved, he convinced me I could close myself off, and protect myself from the one  who had wounded me. When I was afraid to deal with conflict, he convinced me I could hide behind the protection of the vast wall and keep my peace. Every wall within my heart is nothing less than a fortress for his lies.

The only thing the walls have ever protected is my enemy, not my heart. My heart is my most precious real estate. Every square inch that I have given to the enemy of my soul, I am unable to give to the Lover of my soul. It is true that I am Love's promised land. He has sought me for Himself and paid a great price. It is also true that He will fight just as hard to rid me of the giants in my land for His namesake. My walls are like the giants that taunt and spout out lies of how fearful I should be to come against them. But just like the giant that David beheaded, the walls left erected in my heart are the only thing that stands between me and all that Love has given me. It's a good day to see another wall fall...and another giants head to roll.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment