Tuesday, April 28, 2015


CASTING SEED

I have been wrestling for awhile, trying to decide what part I play in the "Big Picture". They say when you reach my age, your nest may be empty...but your womb is bursting with new life, creativity that has been on hold for decades, while tending to those you gave life to. There are so many things that I love, like music, worship, writing, teaching, photography, encouraging those in need, creating beautiful things...the list goes on. I find myself spending more time trying to decide what I should be doing than actually doing! I think it's because I want to be busy "being about my Father's business". I want my fingerprints to be found alongside His. I want the investment of my life to be for the biggest bang! Yet, too often I look at the seed in my hand, in my womb, and feel like it is too tiny and insignificant to make a difference. I compare my seed to that of others and theirs seems to have so much more bling! Mine is tiny and...well...appears lifeless!

I realize that all I can give away is what I have been given. I hear You whisper, that You don't require me to produce extravagant seed. You only ask that I sow the seed I have been given and because it originated in You, extravagance will be released. No matter how tiny the seed appears,Your extravagance is inherit within! You alone know the magnitude of the life found in a single seed. If I will but cast it into the wind, You will cause it to flourish!

.



No comments:

Post a Comment