Wednesday, September 24, 2014


 


SEEKERS OF LIGHT

Before dawn breaks I make my way towards the eastern sky looking for Light. I'm not alone, there are others being drawn through the darkness. We all, in unison, come filing out of our rooms and as if in symphony move towards waters edge and set our eyes towards the horizon, for we are Light seekers. We come in all different sizes and shapes and age is not a factor...we are all looking to the horizon to see when He will come. It's one of the only things in a given day that we can be sure of. The sun will rise! It may be hidden behind darkened clouds, but this one thing we know, it can be trusted. Even when the mask it wears is so thick it can't be seen ...it is there.

He never leaves us alone. He is always wooing, always whispering our name, always calling us to come out into the deep. As I stand before the vastness of the oceans expanse I come as a child. Wide eyed and expectant awaiting the gray canvas to begin filling with colors splashed in light. He begins each allotted day with a new canvas. No two are alike. Each time reminding us that His mercy is new every morning and great is His faithfulness.

As darkness gives way to lights strength I find my breath coming into rhythm with the crashing waves . One by one they roll out before me until they are pressed out hard and laid low as if bowing to the One who paints the sky. I am humbled. I am small. He has beckoned me from my sleepy pillow to come make my way into His light. He seeks me...even here His whisper is magnified in the roar of the waves. The light He brings reflects off my eyes and back into His. I am complete. I am at peace. I am known. Wave after glorious wave...I am loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment