Tuesday, September 2, 2014











 
 











DEEP CALLS TO DEEP

I stand amazed at You. You're like a wave of the sea crashing in on me and rolling over my soul. Relentlessly You love me. You wash over me again and again and each time You wear off one more hardened layer from my weary soul. As deep calls to deep You draw up what You have deposited in me before time began. Before I was, You knew me. You loved me. Beneath all that I appear to be, is the real me, the one You imprinted with Your likeness.

Storms and wars have eroded and defaced my weary profile. Waves crashing in, one by one, have worn away all but memories of Your image. I lose my footing and the undercurrent begins to draw me out into the darker blue when I see Your hand extended once again. From the first time I reached for You, You intertwined Your Spirit with mine and a journey of transformation began. At times the journey seems long and longer still and just when I want to turn away from my reflection I see a little more of You looking back. So I keep reaching out for Your hand to draw me closer and whisper in my ear how to press in and navigate through my reflections that bring shame and disappointment.  As only You can do, You show me a new view of glory and my heart skips a beat at the idea that it is closer to my reach than I first thought.

Again and again I fall in love with You, wave after beautiful wave. Wash over me Lord until all that is left is Your reflection in place of mine. When the final wave crashes over me, sweeping me into the current that will take me home, and I see my souls reflection, may I be more surprised than anyone.



photo credit: esther**https://www.flickr.com/photos/esther-/1791843722/">esther**
> via photopinhttp://photopin.com">photopin> cchttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">cc>

1 comment: