Thursday, June 5, 2014



 
TO TRULY SEE

I just can't shake David's words. In the twenty-third Psalm he tells God "...I have always been mindful of Your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on Your faithfulness." That's more than a mouth full. That is a heart full! This truly may be the reason that God said that he was a man after His own heart. He got it! He really got it! His love for us is unfailing, no matter how good we've been, no matter how bad (remember David was not only an adulterer, but also a murderer). Yet, he trusted in God's unfailing love. He is faithful...even when we are not! David knew this from first hand experience. David's life was a testimony of one who had proven his God to be faithful.

 What if my life is a gift given to me, so that I can prove You faithful, which in turn, is a gift only I can give to You? A life lived in reliance on Your faithfulness, even when everything seems to indicate just the opposite?  A life addicted to Your unfailing love, even when I can't "feel" a thing? When I feel my way through the darkness and pain, what if I felt the warmth of Your hand as You lead me through? In those moments when I feel so alone, what if I would purpose to hear Your heartbeat and make declaration of Your nearness?

What if the sad and broken pieces of my life were merely opportunities to see if I would trust in Your unfailing love and rely upon Your faithfulness? What if all my sorrow was intended to bring You joy? Not in watching me suffer, but in watching me completely trust in the One I can't see? In the proving that no matter how dark and weary the journey, I never walked alone!? Not for even a moment!

If I would but look at life's hardships in this light...I might be able to see...to truly see... just like David.

If we are faithless, He remains faithful for He cannot deny Himself. (2 Tim. 2:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment